Who is covered by the Transport Accident Scheme?

A person who is injured as a result of a transport accident is entitled to no fault benefits under the transport accident scheme if:

• the accident occurred in Victoria; or

• the accident occurred outside Victoria (but in Australia) and

involved a Victorian registered motor vehicle and at the time

of the accident the injured person was:

• a Victorian resident; or

• the driver of or a passenger in, the Victorian registered vehicle.

A person who was dependant on another person who dies as the result of a transport accident is also eligible for benefits.