What happens if TAC makes a decision you don’t agree with?

When TAC makes a decision concerning an entitlement to any no fault benefit, if you are unhappy about the decision, you have a period of 12 months within which to challenge that decision by means of an appeal to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT). The 12 month period commences when you are notified of the decision, that is, on the day that you become aware of the decision. Accident victims who are represented by a lawyer must engage in a no fault dispute resolution protocol which requires a comprehensive exchange of information concerning the disputed decision, leading up to a dispute resolution conference, before you can proceed to the formal VCAT appeal process.