The TAC collects data on the performance of all law firms. The TAC routinely provides the statistics to firms. This allows us to benchmark our performance against all legal firms handling common law claims. And, in particular, the 5 largest law firms doing this work.*
Burt & Davies is a boutique, specialist law firm. We exclusively handle TAC Common Law claims for injured accident victims. Peter Burt and Clara Davies are the owners and operators of Burt & Davies. They personally handle all claims.
The statistics from TAC show that:
- Approximately 96% of our clients achieve “serious injury” status. The grant rate for all other law firms is 86%. A “serious injury” is required to commence a Common Law claim.
- Our average time to resolve a Common Law claim is 33.6 months from the date of the accident. By comparison, the average time for people represented by the 5 biggest law firms is a staggering 50.8 months.
- The average damages (compensation) recovered by our clients in 2017 was approximately $460,000.00. The average damages recovered by clients of all other law firms was $290,000.00. This is an average differential of $170,000.00 per claim.
These statistics show that:
- Burt & Davies’ clients have a higher success rate in achieving “serious injury”. And therefore being able to pursue a Common Law claim;
- Our clients claims are finalised almost 18 months faster than those represented by the 5 largest law firms; and
- Peter and Clara’s clients receive considerably more Common Law damages/compensation on average.
Statistics are obviously capable of interpretation. However, the above statistics clearly highlight that our clients are more successful. They end up with better financial outcomes in shorter time frames.
There is a very simple explanation for this. Peter and Clara provide personalised, focused legal services. We do not leave Law Clerks, Paralegals and Junior Lawyers to run the claim. We do not process claims according to “a formula”. This is the commercial template of the largest law firms. A one-size fits all formula is applied by the largest law firms. They do this to train their law clerks, paralegals and junior lawyers. Instead, Peter and Clara take responsibility. We consider every case individually. And develop a tailored approach to the most efficient and effective handling of the claim. We know what we are doing and adopt an individual strategy for each client. There is no one size fits all formula.
Excellent judgement calls are key. This is important when advising clients at first instance. We make a determination about whether you are likely to have a claim. Also, whether your claim is likely to be successful.
TAC statistics also reveal that Burt & Davies transaction costs are less than the 5 largest law firms. This means that the results that Peter and Clara achieve for their clients come at less cost to the client. A direct result of a tailored, efficient approach.
These statistics clearly demonstrate that we are the best. If you are seriously injured in an accident that was not your fault, you need to talk to us. It is in your interests to talk to us. Speak to us before you make a decision about which law firm should represent you.